e-books focus group webinar
Students may receive reading lists consisting of 30 or 40 books. Librarians desperately want to satisfy student demand by providing more e-books, but face several challenges. Research undertaken by Information Power Limited found a huge demand for e-books versions of titles on reading lists. These e-books are needed, in addition to print, to meet faculty and student demand, for distance learners and those with print impairment. However, university librarians are frequently unable to find or acquire around 50% of the reading list titles they need in e-format.
Organisation of the webinar
The focus group will discuss:
- University library demand for reading list material in e-format
- Discovery and metadata issues
- How librarians search and purchase e-books
- Librarians top criteria for e-book purchase
- Key challenges for librarians
- Key challenges for publishers
The webinar objectives are:
- Understanding the demands and practices of the modern academic library
- Realising the opportunities to ensure e-books are in the right format and visible in the right places.
Presentation - Publishers and university libraries
Webinar recording - Click here
Events Terms and Conditions
Where an event has registration fees, cancellations made in writing up to 30 days before an event are eligible for a 50% refund. No refunds can be made for cancellations received on or after 30 days prior to the event date, however, substitutions may be made free of charge at any time.
Registration fees do not include insurance. Participants are advised to take out adequate personal insurance to cover travel, accommodation, cancellation and personal effects.
27th September 2017